Last night the hubby and I had a night out, kid-free. We went out in the city with some friends, hit up a comedy club, and then headed to a nearby bar for some drinks. Needless to say, we should have stopped with the comedy club.
We realized quickly we have become too old for the bar scene, or at least the “city” bar scene. The bar at Chili’s or Applebees we probably could have handled.
You have become too old for the city bar scene when…
1. No bar is worth standing in a long line,in the cold while wearing skin tight jeans, a flirty tank top and ridiculously high heels. Really it doesn’t even matter about the cold or the outfit. Why stand in line for a bar anyways, oh, and then pay a $5 cover?
2. You appreciate good music. However, when the music is blaring at a level where you are screaming to talk to the person directly next to you-no thanks. Give me a bottle of wine, some friends,a living room, and a game of scene it instead.
3. You think it is outrageous to pay $7 for a rum and coke. I could buy an entire bottle of wine for what I paid for one drink!
4. As a friend stated last night, “the guys in this bar look so young…I feel like I could have babysat them.” Time to go somewhere else.
5. Midnight feels like 3am. You don’t even make it till last call.
Agree! I should have definitely napped before our night out!
It was a great night with awesome friends, but I think next time we will stick with a game of monopoly and a case of beer.
P.S. Looking forward to the next time I can go to bed at night and wake up the next morning without ever turning on a baby monitor or listening to baby monitor static all night.
For all you parents out there, you know the feeling! 🙂